The Dewalt DCF888 20v max Driver is a powerful, compact tool that can handle all of your driving and simple drilling needs. It’s surprisingly lightweight and easy to use, making it an excellent choice for DIYers or professionals. So, no need to worry if you’re a beginner or a skilled professional.
In this Dewalt DCF888 review, we will take a closer look at some of the features that make this Dewalt driver a top choice for those in search of quality and reliable impact drivers.
Dewalt is one of the best and most respected power tool manufacturers in the business. Dewalt tools come with quality construction and durable components, and the DFC888 20V max driver kit showcases these traits. The company has been around since 1924 and was founded by Raymond E. Dewalt to produce metalworking tools for heavy industry use.
Dewalt DCF888 Impact driver is an efficient, compact tool that can handle screw driving and small drilling needs around the home or work site. It is surprisingly lightweight and easy to use, making it a great choice for beginners and skilled DIYers.
The Dewalt DCF888 is fundamentally built with premium materials that ensure durability, performance, and power. Moreover, the features are well-designed to offer ultimate solutions to your problems. These cordless hammers are built with solid metals to ensure the best safety features.
It opens nuts, bolts, and screws with ease. So, for every Professional or DIYer, this tool is a must-have in your collection. Meanwhile, in metalworking, it helps in painting or staining projects quickly and efficiently. You can easily handle home repair tasks such as hanging curtain rods through to heavier duty jobs like decking and fence building. It can stand up to the toughest drilling and fastening jobs.
The only downfall in DCF888 impact driver is that it is compatible with Dewalt 20V batteries only. This means that the impact driver cannot be used with other manufacturers’ 20V batteries or chargers.
Dewalt 20v Max XR DCF888 Impact Driver Specifications
Brand Name: DeWalt | Model: DCF888 Impact Driver | Power: 300 Watts| Impact Range: 0-3600 IPM | Torque: 1825 IN-LBS | Dimension: 5.3 x 4 x 9 inches | Bare Weight: 2.1 lbs |
REASONS TO BUY
✓You can customize the tool
✓The three standard settings, 1/2-inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck, allows you to adapt the tool for various needs
✓When drilling into metal, the drill’s slipper clutch does not grasp and pull the tool out of your hand like it would with a conventional grip
✓The app-based management of the Dewalt DCF 888 impact driver provides you with all sorts of added convenience
✓There are three speeds to choose from – 400RPM, 900RPM, or 1500RPM – allowing you to drill with efficiency
REASONS TO AVOID
✗Using the reverse mode causes a jolt if you aren’t accustomed to it
✗You may need to purchase additional 20V batteries with the DCF888B variant
To Whom Dewalt DCF888 is recommended?
The Dewalt DCF888 impact driver has many applications, from carpentry to electrical work. However, it is most ideal for those who need a compact power tool that can handle multiple types of jobs throughout their day or week.
This bad boy would help in home decor jobs like fixing frames or clocks on the wall, fixing cupboards or you can even use it in the automotive task like opening the lug nuts.
The 20V battery ensures that you will not experience downtime between jobs, allowing you to get more done throughout the day. The Dewalt DCF888 is also an excellent choice for those who need to drill into different materials, including metal.
What Is Dewalt DCF888 Designed For?
The Dewalt Max DCF888 impact driver is designed to drill wood, metal, or concrete. It offers enough torque to make quick work of these types of materials. The tool will also perform well in overhead applications thanks to the slim design and lightweight construction. It is best used for light to medium-duty applications.
Dewalt DCF888 Impact Driver Features
This Dewalt 20V Max XR DCF888B Review will help you find out the exciting features offered by the best Dewalt impact driver.
1) Variable Speed Features: Variable speeds offer you the flexibility to match the speed of your driver-drill to the application. The variable rate ranges from 0-3600 rpm, giving you more control over this tool.
2) LED Light: LED work light is placed on the handle for illuminating dark areas during nighttime or low light conditions while working. It will offer light when driving screws or working in dark areas.
3) High Torque Impact Mechanism: The high torque impact mechanism of this 20V Max XR Impact offers up to 1825 inch-pounds of torque for heavy-duty applications. The incredible power density of this tool makes it ideal for professionals.
4) Lightweight and Compact: This tool’s lightweight and compact design enhances the user’s comfort level. It also allows for extended use of this driver drill without making your hand or arm tired.
5) Slipper Clutch: This feature protects you from sudden high torque reactions up to 3600 RPM, commonly seen during screw driving applications.
6) Powerful Brushless Motor: This is one of the most powerful features of this Brushless Impact Driver. It is designed to boost the impact rate up to 2X with an efficient run time, saving work time in demanding applications.
7) Lithium ION Battery: This is an impressive feature that offers superior performance and extended run time. The built-in intelligence also allows for overheating protection by shutting down the driver-drill and offering more work per charge and longer run time, giving you a better return on your investment.
8) Bluetooth Technology: The Latest Dewalt DCF 888C has built-in Bluetooth technology, which allows you to monitor your work status. This tool can automatically lock batteries after they are charged for maximum safety and extended life.
9) Chuck Size: The 3/8-inch keyless chuck provided with this impact driver provides more convenience to users. It allows for quick and tool-less bit changes. The internal mechanism of the chuck makes it durable and longer-lasting and reduces ratcheting sounds while tightening or loosening bits.
10) Low Quality: The Dewalt DCF 888C impact driver has no significant drawback. However, the only thing that may bother you is that this tool is very loud during operation. It can be problematic for people who have to work at night or in noise-sensitive areas.
Moreover, if you want to know about the best and recommended bits sets, read this detailed article for guidance.
Models Available (Dewalt DCF888B vs DCF888D2 vs DCF888P2BT)
Some other models of Dewalt impact drivers are available in the market that the Dewalt DCF 888C review has mentioned, such as:
This is the primary model. It has an LED indicator showing battery charge level, variable speed trigger, and belt clip.
This variant is offering only an Impact driver, you have to buy the charger separately.
Check DCF888B Price Here
This is the newer model. It offers additional features such as an LED indicator showing battery charge level, Bluetooth connectivity for monitoring your work status via Dewalt smart app, and 3-speed power settings.
Similarly, the second model does come with a Bluetooth kit, but this time, Dewalt has added only 2Ah batteries along with a patented charger.
DCF888P2BT is a professional model. It comes with extra features such as an LED indicator showing battery charge level and Bluetooth connectivity for monitoring your work status via Dewalt smart app.
This variant is a Bluetooth kit where you will get the two 5Ah batteries, charger along with impact driver.
Dewalt DCF888 vs. Competitors
The Dewalt DCF 888C is a fantastic impact driver, but it has competition from other brands. According to Dewalt DCF 888C review, some of the most popular competing models are:
|DCF888||Milwaukee M18||Black & Decker 20V||Bosch 18V|
|Best Feature||Compact Design, Variable Speed trigger||Redlink Plus Technology protects from overloading/heating||Additional high torque speed for longer screws||Deliver high torque for removing free stuck bolts|
|Downside||Battery not much durable||Motor issues occasionally||Less torque power comparatively||Heavy|
|Max Power||2000 RPM||1750 RPM||2000 RPM||3200 RPM|
|Torque||1825 inch-pounds||2000 inch-pounds||1375 inch-pounds||1400 inch-pounds|
|Voltage||20 Volts||18 Volts||20 Volts||18 Volts|
|Weight||2.8 pounds||2.5 pounds||3.6 pounds||6.4 pounds|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Dewalt DCF 888 vs BLACK+DECKER
How to use Dewalt DCF888 Impact Driver?
You can watch this Dewalt DCF 888C review video tutorial to learn how to apply it in your daily life. The tips are for operating the Dewalt DCF 888 impact driver safely and comfortably.
Safety Precautions While Using the Dewalt DCF888:
- If you are a beginner, take time to learn how to use your impact.
- Make sure your hands and wrists are protected while using the impact. Wear heavy gloves and a face shield to protect yourself from debris and chips.
- Check the fluid level of your hydraulic hose periodically to avoid leakage during operation.
- If you are using an impact for personal use, wear earplugs or noise-canceling headphones to protect your hearing from high noise levels caused by the effect.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged before use to keep the impact running smoothly and efficiently for more extended periods.
- Avoid applying much pressure when using an impact driver because it doesn’t have much power to drive long screws or high torque fasteners into rigid surfaces.
- Never use this tool in rain or wet conditions to avoid shock hazards.
Dewalt DCF888 Review: Final Verdict
If you are looking for a compact impact driver to do light-duty tasks around the house, this model is perfect for you.
However, if you are looking to use an impact driver for heavy-duty tasks or regularly, the Dewalt DCF886 may be a better option since it has more power and torque than the DCF888.
We hope this Dewalt DCF888 Review will help you make the right decision.